Bringing Japanese Udon to the world
We promote Udon as a food culture representing Japan to both domestic and international consumers and distributors.
We aim to raise the visibility of Udon, to increase consumption, and to expand both domestic and international tourism.
Many regions of Japan have their own traditional types of Udon. These are often closely connected to the local soil, customs, culture, and manufacturing industries of these areas. Udon has become famous as the local cuisine of these areas, in some cases the type of Udon even become a euphemism for the region as a whole.
In Japan fresh noodles and dried noodles are represented by separate organizations. At the moment there is no unified representative body for Udon.
There are several events that are enjoying popularity across Japan, including the Nippon Ramen Association's "Tokyo Ramen Show" or the "B-1 Grand Prix" hosted by Ai B League Association.
We would like to start a showcase event similar to the Tokyo Ramen Show that includes all the Udon associations and fan clubs together under one roof.
- integration of Udon Associations from around Japan
- Dispatch of Information for Udon food culture (both domestic and international)
- Export Promotion of Udon food culture
- Others: business activities necessary to achieve the objectives of the Japan Udon Association
Details of our proposal
- A.International Udon Fact-finding projects and marketing
- B.Sales promotion and PR activity for Udon as a Japanese Brand
⇒ Running a booth at trade shows and other events in Singapore and Thailand
- C.To hold Udon event for general consumers within Japan
⇒ to hold the 1st Udon Festival (tentative name) for 2013 as scheduled
- D.Providing information about Udon on the official website and social media such as Facebook, Twitter and so on.
- E.Operation of exchange activity visit to production area
- F.Holding seminars or workshops
- G.Information sharing by periodic board of director meetings
How can I become a member of the Japan Udon Association?
|■Membership Agreement||■How to apply for membership of The Japan Udon Association?|
・people concerned with the development and spread Udon Industries
・organization or individual agree with the above idea and plan
|Please contact our head office